Long before we got the trailer, many Star Wars fans we’re hyped about the announcement of The Mandalorian. Of course, at that time, we didn’t know what it would entail. Some fans speculated it might have to do with Pre Vizsla and the Darksaber.
Let’s skip past Comic-Con and talk about D23, where Lucasfilm put out their first trailer. (This one…)
Honestly, I was excited about all MCU shows discussed at D23, but the two big things for me was The Rise of Skywalker trailer and The Mandalorian! From that first shot of the troopers’ helmets on sandy desert to the action sequence of IG-11 and The Mandalorian fighting together, I was drawn in completely!
I know it’s popular to say that Game of Thrones is terrible, but it’s not. To prove it, without Game of Thrones, we wouldn’t have gotten a Star Wars TV series with a film budget. We are about to get the best-of-both-worlds series–deep content for a TV series; deep pockets like a film budget. Not only are we getting a Mandalorian series, but we are also getting an Obi-Wan Kenobi series as well.
Even without the trailer, we should all be excited from the cast and directors attached to the series.
- Rick Famuyiwa, who directed Dope, will direct two episodes.
- Dave Filoni, who is basically a Star Wars God, will do two episodes.
- Deborah Chow, who has done American Gods, Mr. Robot, and Better Call Saul.
- Taika Waititi who is known for Thor: Ragnarok and Hunt for the Wilderpeople, will do one episode.
- Last but not least, Bryce Dallas Howard who is fairly new to the directing scene will do one episode. She has done a couple shorts but nothing on this scale, so I’m excited to see what she can do.
And that was just the directors. The Mandolorian has a fantastic cast:
- Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian
- Omid Abtahi as Dr. Pershing
- Gina Carano as Cara Dune
- Taika Waititi as IG-11
- Carl Weathers as Greef Carga
- And recently announced Ming-Na Wen.
From the list of directors and to an all-star cast, we can already tell this will be on a scale of Game of Thrones, which is a good thing.
The Mandalorian is set five years after Return of the Jedi. We could visit Mandalore, so we could get different Mandalorian Clans, such as Clan Wren, Clan Vizla, and Clan Saxon. There is so much mythology within Mandalore that one season will not be enough and thank God, we are getting a second season.
What are you most excited to see in The Mandalorian? Comments are open.
You must log in to post a comment.