Welcome to The Comic Colosseum, where gladiators, titans, demigods, and the mightiest of Earth’s warriors come face-to-face in a fictitious fight in the historic Flavian Amphitheater. Here, in this hallowed hall of Herculean heroes (and some villains), MoviesMatrix.com will position your favorite comic book and anime characters to go head-to-head against each other to see who is the strongest!
In each battle, we will list what kind of gear they have to adorn and protect their physique, their special attributes that shine brightly in a dark battle to the death, the fight location and if there is “bloodlust” involved in the character’s motivations (i.e., if Superman were to have bloodlust against Lois Lane, he would go for the killing blow).
NOTE: This is a bi-weekly clash of champions. Set your calendars and if you have thoughts on an ultimate character battle, let us know in comments or social media. Now, without further ado, let’s get ready for geckaphile war in the Comic Colosseum!
Red Corner: Vixen (Mari McCabe)
We choose to live like this! We choose this bloody path! There are a million ways to help people, to make the world a better place… ways that don’t have anything to do with fists and guns and corpses!Vixen: Justice League of America, Vol. 1 #261
- Back in July 1981, Mari McCabe — otherwise known as Vixen — made her comic book debut in Action Comics, #521. Mari McCabe was born in a small African village where she was raised by the village priest, Rev. Richard Jiwe.
- McCabe’s mother, Jeanne-Mari Jiwe, was killed by poachers attempting to steal the Tantu Totem when Mari was young. Years later, Jiwe gave Mari the Tantu Totem, which gives Vixen all her powers. The same totem Mari’s mother gave her life to protect.
- After Richard Jiwe was killed by his half-brother, General Maksai, the sought after Totem forced Mari to come to America. While in America, Mari McCabe has become a fashion model/designer and animal activist. She also became a member of the Justice Society International, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, and the Justice League of America.
- Accelerated Healing
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Durability
- Enhanced Vision
- Enhanced Senses
- Morphogenetic Field Manipulation
Tools and Equipment
Prep Time/Blood Lust
- No, Prep Time or Bloodlust
Blue Corner: SPider-MAN (Miles Morales)
I’m Miles Morales, Spider-Man. And I’ve never been more sure of my power. But I’ve never been more confused about my responsibility.Miles Morales: Spider-Man Vol. 1
In October 2011, Miles Morales, aka Spider-Man, made his comic book debut in Ultimate Comics Fallout #4.
Miles was born in Brooklyn, New York to a Puerto Rican mother, Rio Morales, and his African-American father, Jefferson Davis.
While spending a lot of time with Uncle Aaron, Miles was bitten by an Oz-enhanced spider that gave him incredible powers. Miles slowly learns what his skills are with his best friend, Ganke Lee.
The more Miles learns about his abilities, the more he feels the pressure of that responsibility.
He chooses to ignore that responsibility until Spider-Man dies saving his family from Osborn. That sacrifice inspired Miles to fight crime as he learned first hand that “With great power, comes great responsibility.”
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Equilibrium
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Regenerative Healing Factor
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREP TIME/BLOOD LUST
No, Prep Time or Blood Lust
REGULATIONS AND STIPULATIONS
- Morals and Bloodlust are their base character traits unless stated that they have Bloodlust.
- No leaving the battle location (if not actually in the Comic Colosseum). If it is in the jungle, they can only move around in the jungle. If they leave or are forced out, it is an automatic loss.
- Use feats as a reference only. Much like comic book writers do, use your imagination to decide who wins. (Plus, if you just compare achievements and powers, where is the fun in that.)
- If they can not turn into OP Form (aka. “overpowered”) consistently, then they can not use it in battle unless stated. This means you won’t see a “Superman Prime One-Million” in the Comic Colosseum or Wonder Woman flexing into “God mode,” unless she is provoked.
- The Battle will be held in the Congo rainforest (Second largest forest in the world)
- The fight will last two days
- Miles will have five S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers with him
- Miles has been Spider-Man for six years already
- The goal of this fight is for Miles to find Impundulu, which is a lightning bird. Vixen has to chase out Miles and his team.
- Vixen can knock them out but not kill.
As we enter the Comic Colosseum, we know the priority for Vixen is to find Spider-Man before he finds the Impundulu (Lightning Bird). Since Vixen can tap into the spirit of a bear and understands the rainforest, she has a better ability to track than Miles.
In this case, Vixen will be able to find Miles before he finds the lightning bird. The big question is how would Vixen go about this? Does she confront Spider-Man and ask why he is here? Does she take out the soldiers before facing Spider-Man since they are trespassing?
If we are going with the option of taking out the soldiers before facing Spider-Man since they are trespassing, it would go like this…
When Vixen takes out each of the soldier and challenges Spider-Man, I think Spider-Man has the advantage when it comes to overall strength.
Still, when it comes to speed and reflexes, that may be a toss-up because Vixen can change her fighting pace at a moment’s notice. That kind of agility can confuse the opponent and get them killed or KO’d.
Now, someone can argue that Miles could get used to whatever pace she chooses, due to his Spider-Sense, and that is a valid point. However, when it comes to Miles, he does not have that much experience when it comes to martial arts like Mari. So, if at any point Miles is thrown off his balance, that alone could get him knocked out.
But there can be an argument made that since Miles does not have the martial arts experience and relies on his reflexes and Spider-Sense, he can also counteract Mari’s movements. When it comes to mobility, Miles and Mari are almost equal, so I would give Vixen the edge because she is more familiar with the rainforest than Spiderman.
Spider-Man has been kicked out of Africa for Trespassing!
That’s right: Vixen has one this match up because she could keep up with Spider-Man’s mobility because she knows the terrain much more also do to the versatilely of her power set she would be able to keep Spider-Man guessing and at a certain point he would lose balance. Spider-Man did have the advantage of speed and strength but once again that advantage was not enough for him to over power Vixen.
How do you think it would have played put? Do you agree Vixen would have won this match up or do you think Spider-Man would be able to beat Vixen? Let us know. And if you have any battles you want to see fully drawn out in The Comic Colosseum, let us know that too. Yours may be next. Just send a comment below or hit us up on social media using #ComicColosseum. Also if you have miss the first matach up, Superman Vs. Wonder Woman her you go!
Also, if you missed the first battle, Superman vs Wonder Woman, Please give it a read.