Continue to challenge us, chat with us, and come see us on video. We have much more coming in the near future because it’s not like we don’t have a lot of time on our damn hands. (Thanks Corona!)
Lately, we have been adding to our special #NerdHerd inside the Matrix, so we feel every once in a while, it would be important to introduce you to our entire team. From writers to gamers, bloggers to vloggers, we’re trying to come at the Geckaphile Globe in anyway possible.
So, be on the lookout for these “Inside the Matrix” posts. We’ll get to everyone, eventually. (And, not for nothing, we are still looking to recruit more of the aforementioned nerd herd. If you are a cinephile or geckaphile, or both, drop us a line from the website. We’d love to hear from you.)
You have already met Mr. Crockpot. And now, on with our dating questionnaire that involves some thought, introspection, quickfire responses, and a few other things our team can embellish.
Here is Mr. Dude…
Inside The Matrix: @MRDude_7
Inside the Matrix: Who are you?
Explain Your Twitter Handle:
- My handle is just a dumb name I came up with on the spot. Not a fan of it, but I’m horrible at coming up with names.
- I chose my banner because it’s colorful, retro, and kinda encapsulates what my profile is about: entertainment.
- The most important thing to me in my bio is “positivity”. Believe it or not, that’s why I joined Twitter. Everything is so negative and bad out there. I just want to make someone’s day just a little bit brighter.
Birthdate: July 4 (yes, really.)
Home: The Steel City
Status: College-bound (and destined to be broke for the foreseeable future)
Job Inside the Matrix: Writer, Reviewer
What’s your workspace? Just a little desk in the corner of my bedroom where I connect my laptop to a curved monitor.
- Writing novels and short stories
Make a Good First Impression on Our Readers: My top five movies of all time include:
- Die Hard
- Avengers: Infinity War
- JoJo Rabbit (I even reviewed it here)
- Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy
Time to choose favorites…
Wars or Trek: Star Wars…all the way
Marvel or DC: Marvel
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone: Laptop. You can take it anywhere and then plug it into a big (curved) monitor whenever you want
Boxers or Briefs: Boxers
Fruits or Vegetables: Fruits! Particularly clementines and apples with caramel dip
Hero or Villain: Spider-Man
Fantasy or Sci-Fi: Sci-Fi, because it gives more freedom to explore multiple different worlds and cultures.
Mac or PC: Anybody who games on a Mac isn’t a true gamer. I gotta go with PC
Tacos or Pizza: Tacos, I got a soft spot for Mexican food
Cosplay or People Watcher: People watcher.
Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, or PC: Lifelong Xbox fan, but that’s been changing since I’ve gotten a gaming laptop.
iOS or Android: iOS all the way
Movies or TV: Movies
Real talk from a real person
What are the last five songs on your playlist?
- “Don’t Wanna Know”, Maroon 5
- “Sweatpants”, Childish Gambino
- “Little Talks”, Of Monsters and Men
- “Downtown”, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling”, Justin Timberlake
What is favorite genre of movies? Why? Action and adventure because it can combine everything great about all other genres. The comedy, the drama, the romance, and the mystery all while delivering heart-pounding action.
Who is your favorite movie/TV character?
- Movie: John McClane, Die Hard
- TV: Abed Nadir, Community
Best Book/Comic/Graphic Novel You’ve Ever Read: “Misery” by Stephen King.
What do you collect? Blu-Ray DVDs (Hey, it’s something.)
Poof. You’re a Superhero… Spider-Man. He’s just a normal kid who lives this amazing other life (pun-intended). Also, swinging from webs seems like so much fun.
What is your favorite movie quote?
Believe it or not, I… hardly ever watch TV. Therefore, I spend my life writing stories, working on other stories, or playing video games.
Famous People You Have Actually Met: My uncle is Rick Witkowski, guitarist for ’70s prog-rock band ‘Crack the Sky‘ (that’s him, second from left). Rolling Stone has even covered them so I would say he’s pretty famous.
Coolest Thing You’ve Ever Done: Gone tubing attached to the back of a boat… I haven’t done that much cool stuff yet, I’m young, kapeesh?
Stray Pet Peeves:
- Bending books too far back and creasing the spine (I cringe every time I see it)
- Listening, watching, or doing anything Christmas-y before at least November 1 is just wrong
- Being addicted to phones or TV because where’s the fun in that?
If you had to delete all but 5 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
- YouTube (can’t live without it)
I Once Got Detention For… checking my grades on my phone during school. Yes, really. I swear I’m not that much of a nerd. I needed to know and my teacher didn’t seem to agree.
What is your favorite item you’ve bought during the Coronavirus? An Apple Watch. Technically I didn’t buy it, it was a birthday gift, but I love it. It tracks my activity, my workouts, plays music through my AirPods, and even reminds me to breathe (yes, literally), it’s awesome.
The zombie apocalypse is coming, what three people (hero or villain) do you want on your team?
- Superman (duh!)
Why are you part of the MoviesMatrix.com team? To meet awesome people and talk about the things that I love. I feel like we’re creating a community with MoviesMatrix and I’m so thankful to be a part of that.
Check out my favorite posts:
- Extreme Makeover | ‘The Lovely Bones’ Edition
- Decoded | The Real Reason Why Endgame’s Portal’s Scene is Great
- How a ‘Destiny Movie Could Transcend the Video Game Movie Genre
From unpopular opinions to introspective thinking, I enjoy making posts that force people to see things in a different — sometimes, not-so-friendly — perspective. And, I stand behind every word.