Continue to challenge us, chat with us, and join us down the Rabbit Hole on our new podcast. Lately, we have been adding to our special #NerdHerd inside the Matrix, so we feel every once in a while, it would be important to introduce you to our entire team. From writers to gamers, bloggers to vloggers, we’re trying to come at the Geckaphile Globe in anyway possible.
So, be on the lookout for these “Inside the Matrix” posts. We’ll get to everyone, eventually. (And, not for nothing, we are still looking to recruit more of the aforementioned nerd herd. If you are a cinephile or geckaphile, or both, drop us a line from the website. We’d love to hear from you.)
You have already met Mr. Crockpot and Mr. Dude, so now it’s time to meet a Miss. On with our dating questionnaire that involves some thought, introspection, quickfire responses, and a few other things our team can embellish.
Here is Manda…
Inside The Matrix: @AmnxdaReviews
Inside the Matrix: Who are you?
Explain Your Twitter Handle:
- The reason there is an ‘x’ to replace the “a” is because someone already has this handle
- I am a film critic of many films and television shows
- I also go on rants so definitely follow or listen to me 😉
Birthdate: June 20
Home: Toronto (6ix), Canada
Status: Single 😉 [But unwarranted DMs get you blocked quickly.]
Job Inside the Matrix: Writer, Reviewer
What’s your workspace?
This little workspace is in my room! I bought these minimalist prints from a site called Society6! Those are some of my favourite films and the designs were really wicked. It’s finally coming along and I know I’ll be adding more things eventually.
- I love to write short stories
- Video games are a great past time
- Love to read! Once I get a good book, I’ll become obsessed with it.
- Can drinking with your friends be a hobby?
Make a Good First Impression on Our Readers:
My top five movies of all time include…
- The Departed
- When Harry Met Sally
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
I am an only child, so I’ve had to keep myself busy for my entire life; hence, the extensive movie watching. All of these films and characters have become my family. That’s brings the passion comes you read or see. They’ve become a piece of me. Without them I don’t know where I’d be today.
Time to choose favorites…
Wars or Trek: Star Trek has been more consistent with storytelling. My dad was a huge Trekkie and he definitely passed that down to me. I don’t love Star Wars but I do respect and appreciate it.
Marvel or DC: DC GANG! 🦇 When I was a kid Marvel had my heart. I grew up on the MCU and loved every second of it. As I got older, my perception of the world changed, so my love for DC grew. I love both of them but DC has stolen my heart officially.
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone: I’m mostly on my phone but my laptop is my baby.
Boxers or Briefs: None 😉
[Editor’s Note: Calm down, nerds. She wears granny bloomers, which wasn’t a selection.]
Fruits or Vegetables: Yeesh. I’m more of a veggies person I guess. People have to force me to eat fruit.
Hero or Villain: It depends on the character but I guess I would lean towards the villains because they have so much depth.
Fantasy or Sci-Fi: Hmm, see I love both but I guess I would lean towards Fantasy because my two favourite franchises Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings fall under the category!
Mac or PC: MAC, all day!
Tacos or Pizza: gotta go for the ‘ZA!
Cosplay or People Watcher: Defo people watcher. There are so many skilled cosplayers that I wouldn’t even know where to start!
Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, or PC: I have been a Sony household since I was 8 years old. Playstation is in my blood but I also have some Nintendo consoles!
iOS or Android: iOS or bust
Movies or TV: Movies always! TV shows are always hard to binge and get through sometimes if they start lacking.
Real talk from a real person
What are the last five songs on your playlist?
- “WAP”, Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion
- “Savage (Remix)”, Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyoncé
- “Heartless”, The Weeknd
- “Blinding Lights”, The Weeknd
- “After Hours”, The Weeknd
What is favorite genre of movies? Why?
I really love psychological thrillers. You get to dive deep into the psyche of the characters and exploring their world. I especially enjoy watching them late at night.
Who is your favorite movie/TV character?
- Movie: Sally Albright from When Harry Met Sally. We are very much alike, especially because she’s a journalist.
- TV: Miranda Hobbs from Sex and the City. I have never connected so deeply to a female television character until I got to know her.
*says a lot about me already doesn’t it?*
Best Book/Comic/Graphic Novel You’ve Ever Read: Gone Girl was–and always–will be the best book I have ever read. I finished it in three days.
And “that twist” in the middle made me throw my book across the room because of how shaken I was.
What do you collect? I collect movie tickets. My first movie ticket is from 2008 (17 Again) and I have them in a container on my desk.
Poof. You’re a Superhero: Oh man, I would take Professor Xavier’s ability to read and control minds. I would also like to be invisible.
I think there’s so much that could be done with that power, obviously including force fields.
What is your favorite movie quote?
Believe it or not, I… don’t know how to ride a bike.
Famous People You Have Actually Met:
- Rob Reiner: I told Rob Reiner that when Harry Met Sally was my favourite rom-com and he said I was too young to know what that movie was
- Jake Gyllenhaal: He asked me where the washroom was and I told him but we also talked about how his stay in Toronto was
- Kristen Stewart and Shia LaBeouf: Kristen and Shia were told they’re amazing actors and we were excited for their film
- Others have been Anthony Mackie, Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba and Zachary Levi — all thanks to TIFF (and I still pray to be considered for a press pass next year!)
Coolest Thing You’ve Ever Done: I went on a jeep tour around the island of Aruba
Stray Pet Peeves:
- People who aren’t punctual
- When things aren’t symmetrical
If you had to delete all but 5 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
- Google Chrome
I Once Got Detention For… cheating on a Religion Exam
What is your favorite item you’ve bought during the Coronavirus? My beautiful Podcasting microphone! (Did I mention you can hear and see me on my own podcast, as well as Geekly Goods and the Rabbit Hole Podcast here inside the Matrix?
The zombie apocalypse is coming, what three people (hero or villain) do you want on your team?
- Danny DeVito as Danny DeVito
- Captain America
Why are you part of the MoviesMatrix.com team? To meet awesome people and talk about the things I love. I feel like we’re creating a community with MoviesMatrix and I’m so thankful to be a part of that.
Check out my favorite posts: [on our site or yours]
I really liked these pieces because I felt a connection with these films and the characters. I feel like it is truly my best work!