Continue to challenge us, chat with us, and join us down the Rabbit Hole on our new podcast. Lately, we have been adding to our special #NerdHerd inside the Matrix, so we feel every once in a while, it would be important to introduce you to our entire team. From writers to gamers, bloggers to vloggers, we’re trying to come at the Geckaphile Globe in anyway possible.
So, be on the lookout for these “Inside the Matrix” posts. We’ll get to everyone, eventually. (And, not for nothing, we are still looking to recruit more of the aforementioned nerd herd. If you are a cinephile or geckaphile, or both, drop us a line from the website. We’d love to hear from you.)
You have already met Mr. Crockpot and Mr. Dude, and even Miss Manda. On with our dating questionnaire that involves some thought, introspection, quickfire responses, and a few other things our team can embellish.
Here is Lo…
Inside The Matrix: @marsellusdurden
Inside the Matrix: Who are you?
IRL: Loretto (aka. ‘Lo’)
Explain Your Twitter Handle:
- Marsellus refers to the iconic mob boss Marsellus Wallace as seen in Pulp Fiction.
- Durden is the last name of the charismatic but violent alter ego of Fight Club‘s Narrator: Tyler Durden.
- I thought the two names had a catchy ring to it… et voila: MarsellusDurden
Birthdate: September 14
Home: The City by the Bay
Status: Just dropped my new single. It’s me. I’m single.
Job Inside the Matrix: Proofreader/Columnist/Podcaster
What’s your workspace?
Just started my new job as field supervisor overseeing several different health care clinics & facilities in the South Bay Area region of Northern California. For now, here is my workspace…
- Fantasy Football owns my life and most of my headspace until December 28.
- I miss playing basketball in a rec league or the gym (CURSE YOU, COVID!)
- Currently schooling my son in the ways of Super Mario on our Nintendo Switch
Make a Good First Impression on Our Readers:
My top five movies of all time include…
- Inglourious Basterds
- City of God
I used to book local shows with my cousin for a few years and it was one of the best and most fun experiences in my life.
I also used to perform in various hardcore/pop-punk local bands in San Francisco. Oh, I am definitely open to playing again someday, so holler…but only if you can do it like Joey Ramone.
Who knows what the future holds? (But scroll to the bottom for a glimpse of the past!)
Time to choose favorites…
Wars or Trek: Star Wars …always.
Marvel or DC: Marvel
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone: My phone (Samsung Note 10+) until I can get a laptop that doesn’t weigh 15 pounds.
Boxers or Briefs: Boxer briefs for the win!
Fruits or Vegetables: Fruits
Hero or Villain: Hero
Fantasy or Sci-Fi: Fantasy
Mac or PC: PC
Tacos or Pizza: Pizza
Cosplay or People Watcher: People Watcher
Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, or PC: PlayStation
iOS or Android: Android
Movies or TV: Movies
Real talk from a real person
What are the last five songs on your playlist?
- “Blind,” Face to Face
- “The Slowest Drink at the Saddest Bar on the Snowiest Day in the Greatest City,” The Lawrence Arms
- “San Diego,” Blink-182
- “This Isn’t a Goodbye,” Goldview
- “Himalaya,” New Found Glory
What is your favorite genre of movies? Why?
I’m an advanced drama fan, but an intermediate horror aficionado. I love the unique perspectives great directors provide in dramatic film. For a bonus: I love the pure creativity that horror can inspire.
Who is your favorite movie/TV character?
- Movie: Wayne Campbell, Wayne’s World
- TV: Doug Funnie, Doug
Best Book/Comic/Graphic Novel You’ve Ever Read: “Choke” by Chuck Palahniuk
What do you collect? Disney Park Pins!
Poof! You’re a Superhero: Colossus. My favorite member of the X-Men and having indestructible skin with super-strength would be very practical in a real-world setting.
What is your favorite movie quote?
Believe it or not, I… used to be a vocalist in a punk rock band named “Fake Enemies.” (See the past below.)
Stray Pet Peeves:
- Telling me to do something I’m already doing or getting ready to do
- Walking into a movie after it has started.
- Movie spoilers!
If you had to delete all but 5 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
- Criterion Channel
I once got detention for… stealing a cheeseburger. (Hey! I was hungry. Don’t judge me.)
The zombie apocalypse is coming, what three people (hero or villain) do you want on your team?
- The Flash
- Professor Hulk
- Mr. Fantastic
Why are you part of the MoviesMatrix.com team?
I was initially excited for the opportunity to showcase my ability to write but it turned into so much more than I ever could have imagined.
In addition to meeting all of the wonderfully talented voices and personalities on my MoviesMatrix squad, I now help edit the articles we publish. I am also helping host the official MoviesMatrix podcast: “Down The Rabbit Hole.” My experience so far has been so rewarding and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.
Check out my favorite posts:
- Review | Star Wars: The Clone Wars (‘The Siege of Mandalore’)
- Cult Fiction: The Wicked Fairy Tales of Quentin Tarantino
- Remember Whensday | It Was All A ‘Scream’
- The Unders | ‘Snatch’ A Manic Caper Worth More Attention
- A-List | Top 5 Kevin Smith Films