Continue to challenge us, chat with us, and join us down the Rabbit Hole on our new podcast. Lately, we have been adding to our special #NerdHerd inside the Matrix, so we feel occasionally, it would be important to introduce you to our entire team. From writers to gamers, bloggers to vloggers, we’re trying to come at the Geckaphile Globe in any way possible.
So, be on the lookout for these “Inside the Matrix” posts. We’ll get to everyone, eventually.
Please enjoy learning about another one of our fold in this dating questionnaire that involves some thought, introspection, quickfire responses, and a few other things our team can embellish.
Here is Sonny…
Inside The Matrix: @HiiReviews
Inside the Matrix: Who are you?
Explain Your Twitter Handle: It was intended as an acronym for ‘How It Is Reviews‘. I would then proceed to tell my readers exactly how the movie or TV show was without all that unnecessary fodder some people would rather avoid reading when deciding what to watch. Also doubling up as a ‘Hii Review,’ if the film reached high acclaim. Not my most creative moment I’ll admit.
[Editor’s Note: To be fair, he drinks a lot. Pubs are everywhere over there.]
Birthdate: 9 January
Home: Wales. It’s like England just less recognized and more sheep
Status: Taken by someone who does the impossible — puts up with me.
Job Inside the Matrix: Columnist and Reviewer
What’s your workspace?
My poster, my computer, my couch, and yes…my candle. What’s up?!
- Gaming (Check Owen and me in the GamingMatrix)
- Foodie (I deliver it. I cook it. I eat it. Like the Avengers, “Whatever it takes.”)
- Massive fan of making playlists. (Check out me somewhere else with Shawn in The Sound Matrix.)
Make a good First Impression on our readers:
My top five movies of all time include…
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- The Matrix
- Avengers: Infinity War
- John Wick
My top five list changes daily. I’m a massive movie fan just like anyone visiting this page so it’s tough to narrow it down especially when you adore every genre of film imaginable. I was in an action mood here.
Time to choose favorites… (feel free to explain why)
Wars or Trek: Star Wars. It clearly has the high ground over Star Trek
Marvel or DC: Marvel, with a bit of DC on the side
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone: Phone and a Laptop. Laptop for work and the Phone for everything else.
Boxers or Briefs: I’ll keep this brief. Boxers.
Fruits or Vegetables: Fruits.
Hero or Villain: Hero always.
Fantasy or Sci-Fi: Sci-Fi. Some of my favourite movies are Sci-fi.
Mac or PC: PC
Tacos or Pizza: Pizza. Every food question I get, Pizza is the answer.
Cosplay or People Watcher: People Watcher. Not a big costume guy but I do feel like I’m missing out sometimes because some of these cosplays are incredibly impressive.
Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, or PC: Xbox and PlayStation. Every gamer needs to experience playing a truly immersive PlayStation exclusive game like “The Last of Us,” “God of War,” or “Uncharted.”
iOS or Android: iOS forever and always.
Movies or TV: Movies. I just love the cinematic experience they give us.
Real talk from a real personna
What are the last five songs on your playlist?
- “What’s Up Danger” Blackway
- “Holy” Justin Bieber
- “survivin” Bastille
- “Midnight Sky” Miley Cyrus
- “Pac-Man” Gorillaz, ScHoolboy Q
What is your favorite genre of movies? Why?
CBMs and Science Fiction. I love these are both able to step out of the laws of what is reality and allow themselves the freedom and creativity to really get to the audience, thrill them, and excite them in a way that is unique.
The possibilities are endless and to witness both genres on the big screen is just the icing on the cake. How else are we going to experience the impossible if not in movies?
Who is your favorite movie/TV character?
- Movie: Neo (The Matrix)
- TV: Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)
Best Book/Comic/Graphic Novel You’ve Ever Read:
What do you collect? Posters. My room is covered in them. I love cinema tickets too.
Poof! You’re a Superhero: Spider-Man. Cool threads, superpowers, and still trying to get a girlfriend. What’s not to love?
What is your favorite movie quote?
Believe it or not, I… like all the Adam Sandler movies. (Yes, that one too. Whichever one you are frowning your brow over.)
Famous People You Have Actually Met:
- Scarlett Johansson. And, uh…then I woke up.
Coolest Thing You’ve Ever Done: Probably when I booked a spontaneous trip to Florida for Disneyland and Universal Resort. It was the best time of my life. Hoping to tour ALL OF America next time though!
Stray Pet Peeves:
- People who talk in the cinema.
- People who ask me questions during a movie.
- People who stand in the way of the screen during a movie. So basically, if there is a movie on, leave me alone.
If you had to delete all but 5 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
I once got detention for… Leaving school premises to get a better lunch than what they served. (Yes, I was jonesin’ for some pizza. Again.)
What is your favorite item you’ve bought during the Coronavirus? Ghost of Tsushima for PlayStation 4. That helped cover a lot of lockdown hours stuck indoors.
The zombie apocalypse is coming, what three people (hero or villain) do you want on your team?
- John Wick
- Daryl Dixon. (That dude has mad plot armour when it comes to zombies)
- Tallahassee from Zombieland. If we are killing zombies to survive then we may as well find some fun from it!
Why are you part of the MoviesMatrix.com team? To share and discuss my love for movies with a great bunch of people who are passionate about the same thing. Every single person on this team is creative, brilliantly charismatic and dedicated to helping MoviesMatrix and each other grow.
Check out my favorite posts:
- ‘Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey’ Sings and Claws Its Way to One of DC’s Best. That was my first review in the Matrix. I loved being able to see my thoughts appear online. I hope other people feel the same way when they read them.
- Fair Game | First Impressions: ‘The Last of Us Part II’. My first attempt at a gaming review, as well as my first post for GamingMatrix. It was a joy to push myself out of the comfort zone of doing solely movie reviews.
- A-List | Top 10 Must-See Netflix Horror Originals. As a horror fan, it was fun comprising a list of horrors for Netflix users to check out.