Editor-in-Chief / Columnist
Time’s “Person of the Year” (2006)
IRL: Shawn (aka. “SPW”)
Home: Deep in the heart of… (clap clap clap)
Status: Married with Children
Your Thing: SEO, Digital Marketing, Martial Arts
Wars or Trek: Star Wars, original trilogy.
Marvel or DC: Marvel has the best movies but DC creates the best comic stories.
Favorite 2 a.m. Burner Food: Jack-in-the-Box tacos. 2 for $.99?! Please!
Last 3 Songs on Playlist:
- “Hater”, Korn
- “I Think She Like Me”, Rick Ross
- “Comfortably Numb”, Pink Floyd
(NOTE: This really isn’t fair. I have 18 playlists on Spotify comprised of 32,983 songs. Yes, I counted and selected every tune. I’m an addict. Please send help.)
Favorite Movie/TV Character:
- Movie: Keyser Söze, The Usual Suspects
- TV: Walter White, Breaking Bad
Top Movie Genre: Science Fiction
Comic Character Whose @$$ I Want to Kick:
- Iron Fist (Finn Jones made that character look like he was bullied in grade school. At least cast someone who knows martial arts instead of just reading Black Belt magazine.)
- CBM DVDs (Yes, even pre-MCU and -DCEU)
- Martial arts achievements
- Stephen King novels (even the Richard Bachman books)
Poof. You’re a Superhero: Batman, all day long!
Favorite Movie Quote:
Believe it or not, I… have ghostwritten a New York Times business best-seller
Who Would You Make Into a Voodoo Doll? No one you would know, but there are a few people I have worked with that I would gladly make into a fat pin cushion.
Famous People You’ve Met (Longer than a Handshake):
During a stint as a public relations executive director, I was honored to represent the United Negro College Fund for three years. As a result, I was the representative for the recipient for UNCF’s prestigious Spirit of Excellence Annual Award.
So, I represented, met, worked with, and other things for:
- Stevie Wonder
- Aretha Franklin
- Smokey Robinson
- Robin Williams (famous)
- My family (personal)
- Peregrine falcon (real)
Stray Pet Peeves:
- Stupid — not ignorant — people. Those who don’t care how dumb they sound, think, or really are.
- Slow-ass drivers in the fast lane.
I Got Detention For… Mooning my classmate during school. Eh, in the middle of history class.
Favorite Written Post on MoviesMatrix.com:
- A Tale of Two Heroes: Both Real, One for Life — This is why not all police officers are bad. In fact, he’s the best…and I am biased.
- Why Kelly Marie Tran is Better Than You — Trolls absolutely suck out loud and this is why.
- An Open Letter to DC Comics — It said what we were all thinking. I have the DMs to prove it. (And thank you.)